What We Do
What is the OHE PTA
The Oak Hill Elementary Parent Teacher Association (OHE PTA) is comprised of a group of dedicated parents who work in conjunction with the school administration and faculty to develop enrichment opportunities to make every child’s potential a reality.
Who is the OHE PTA?
The OHE PTA is you, me, the teachers, the staff and the community. Together we can make a difference.
What we do?
The OHE PTA enriches the student’s life and builds a sense of community for all of the OHE Eagles. In addition, we provide financial support to OHE through many ave
- Provide volunteers for weekly reading programs to help struggling readers
- Provide Reading Programs for students throughout the year including the summer
- Provide student programs to enhance children’s cultural and educational levels
- Assist with school-wide Science Fair
- Provide free parent seminars on interesting topics, such as, bullying, how to help with homework, Internet safety, etc.
- Support for programs including Lego Robotics, Green Apple Club, Student Council
- The OHE PTA raises money to pay for programs and provide financial assistance to our school to cover resources that are not covered by the district by
- Promoting School Spirit by selling OHE gear
- Collecting Box Tops
- Collecting & Recycling ink Cartridges
- Administering a No Hassle Fundraiser instead of sending kids door-to-door for direct sales
- Teaming up with businesses in the community to provide spirit nights & events for OHE families with financial benefits going to the PTA
- Working with local businesses to become OHE partners & support our school
- Holding a spring carnival for the OHE community
- Writing grants
- The OHE PTA works within the guidelines of the Texas PTA by:
- Monitoring & reporting happenings in the legislature effecting education
- Writing & overseeing implementation of a PTA strategic plan to guide the PTA to make the best use of limited time, resources, and volunteers
- Providing representation at the Campus Advisory Council (CAC) to promote excellence in education for all students through broad-based representation.
- Providing volunteers for the Austin Council of PTAs , district-wide organization of PTA leadership, which consists of representation throughout the district
- The OHE PTA believes that having a sense of belonging helps students foster a sense of pride in their school. The OHE PTA builds community by:
- Hosting free Family Fun Nights for OHE students & their families including events like Movie Night, Music Night, Reading Night, Ice Cream Social, C.A.T.C.H Family Fun Run
- Continuously improving the grounds & facilities
- Gathering & organizing photos during the year for the school Yearbook
- Planning activities for faculty throughout the year including lunches & snacks for faculty meetings.
- Providing bundled school supplies at cost
- Designating a time, called Workshop, each week to help make copies, bind, & laminate items for teachers
- Providing scholarships to graduating high school seniors that attended OHE
- Maintaining a welcoming committee that provides information to prospective parents and parents new to OHE, including Kindergarten
- Investigating recycling opportunities at OHE